- In 1884, a diamond, watch and jewelry business was founded.
- In 1906, the Bennett brothers purchased this jewelry business and formed Bennett Brothers.
- During the 1920's, the Blue Book of Quality Merchandise was distributed widely. By the end of the decade,
businesses across the country would become familiar with annual editions of the Blue Book.
- By 1930, Bennett Brothers, Inc. was located at two New York City sites; Broadway and Fifth Avenue.
Additional custom merchandise catalogs used for incentive programs were added to the line up.
- In 1938, the firm opened an office in downtown Chicago at 30 East Adams in the heart of the "Loop".
Chicago served as an ideal shipping point to service our customers as the US population rapidly expanded westward.
- In 1957, another office and warehouse of over 75,000 sq. ft. was opened in New York City located in lower Manhattan.
- In 1958, the Choose-Your-Gift selective gift program was developed. This concept provided businesses with
programs that offer each recipient a choice of the gift they wish to receive.
- In 1967, the Blue Book was one of the first catalogs to adopt color printing cover to cover.
- 1968 brought about the purchase of the 144,000 sq. ft. office and warehouse on Adams Street in Chicago.
- In 1972, our New York City locations were moved to a brand new 108,000 sq. ft. warehouse and distribution
center in Mahwah, New Jersey which became the new home of the eastern offices.
- In 1994, the Illinois and the New Jersey corporations merged and became one entity. The Bennett Family continues
to operate the business after nearly a century of leadership.
- 1995, we have our best sales year in the company's long history.
1996, Bennett Brothers goes online.
- 2000, Choose-Your-Gift goes online. Choose-Your-Gift may be purchased and redeemed using your web browser.
- 2001, Blue Book goes online. Blue Book merchandise may be purchased using your web browser.
- 2002-2003 Online sales have doubled for Choose-Your-Gift programs.